Introducing: Citizen Self Service! Beginning June 14, you’ll be able to apply and pay for a permit, request an inspection and more – online and available to you 24/7/365. The city of Sugar Land is moving permits, license, and plan submittal processes to online intake only. The Citizen Self Service (CSS) web portal will provide dynamic access to information and empower you to efficiently perform a wide range of tasks at the click of a button. This transition is another example of our commitment to use technology to ensure the delivery of services that meet the needs of our community and businesses. Imagine being able to easily initiate a permit request, apply for a license or check on the status of your plan review – all from the convenience of your home office or business. Through the CSS web portal you’ll be able to do that and more.
What does this mean for you?
- One-stop online location for all your permit, licensing, and plan submittal needs.
- Easy step-by-step process and ability to create an online profile for future submittal needs.
- Integration with Esri GIS for easy pinpointing of job locations.
- The ability to start and save permits or plan applications for submittal at a later date.
- Online inspection requests that allow for multiple inspections of one or more job sites, all on a single screen.
- Ability to add multiple itemized invoices at various times and across multiple devices to pay at your convenience.
- No more form submittals on paper, emails, USB drives, or faxes.
- Submittal payments can be taken care of online. No need to visit the Permits office to make payments.
To submit questions and read more about the project, visit https://www.sugarlandtx.gov/2269/Introducing-Citizen-Self-Service
You may also sign up to receive text reminders and updates about the transition by texting SLCSS to 91896!